Hi, I'm Faith.
I work with families who are about to navigate the often confusing maze of college admissions, helping them make college planning a clear, well-organized process… and even enjoy it! Yes! It can be done!
Being a bit of an organization geek (who loves to read and research) I use my natural inclinations to take a process that can be overwhelming and anxiety provoking and help make it structured, enlightening, and far less stressful than it often turns out to be for many families.
I love that the work I do helps students open doors to possibilities they may not have realized are available.
I believe that...
- The college search & application process should be as stress-free as possible
- College shouldn’t bankrupt your family
- College choices should be made based on self-exploration and a solid understanding of the options
- College fit and affordability trumps perceived status
- University brand name does not determine future success.
To me, success is...
- Matching your student’s goals and needs with environment, culture, geography, affordability, and academics for the best college fit
- Freeing students to live their high school lives without constant anxiety about the college search and application process
- Helping young people head into the future with enthusiasm and confidence.
And I'm a mom...
Being a mother of two children, both currently in college, helps me understand the issues that students and parents face during the high school and college years.
After a successful professional career, and time as a stay-at-home mom, I decided to take my desire to be of service to youth and my love of reading, research, and organization to create a college planning practice.
Though there are no licensing requirements within the profession, I earned a Certificate in College Counseling from UCLA, ("with distinction", which means I had 'As' in all of the classes :) ).
I have a BA in Psychology and a MA in Organization Development. I am a member of a number of Educational Consultant’s associations, (shown below). For those interested, my pre-college advising resume is HERE.
I am a Strong Interest Inventory Certified Practitioner. The “Strong” is the world’s most widely respected and frequently used career planning tool — I use it to help students explore their interests as they prepare to move into the future.
To stay current with admissions practices & trends I visit college campuses at every opportunity, speak with admissions and financial aid officers, and attend conferences related to education and college admissions.
When I’m not doing college “stuff” I love reading, being with my kids, and hanging with my husband (with whom I love to travel, stopping to visit colleges everywhere we go). My newest hobby is knitting (big, chunky blankets full of mistakes) and I try to be a regular yoga class attendee! I love walking, talking, and drinking coffee with friends. Pebbles and Willow keep me company all day long. :)
If you'd like to talk about your college planning needs please call me
I'm happy to schedule a free 30 minute phone conversation or “meet & greet”.
I am a Member of
I fully support and abide by the Statement of Good Practices … of the emerging field of independent college admissions counselors. Those statements can be read here.